Terms and conditions
Web Design Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all web site design services offered by Raunds Web Design.
New EU LAW on Cookies
For Google Analytics Users
For people with Contact Us type forms
Cookies allow us to deal with accidentally repeated submissions when you fill in one of our forms.
For all sites
We do not permanently link your cookies to any personal information you provide. So each time you visit the site your identity is not known to us.
1) By ordering services from Raunds Web Design you agree to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise.
2) The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Raunds Web Design.
3) Raunds Web Design cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
4) All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the clients web site, will remain the clients property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
5) The copyright for all material provided by Raunds Web Design, such as HTML code, Templates, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Raunds Web Design until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
6) Raunds Web Design makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
7) If a client wishes Raunds Web Design to promote a web site(SEO) search engine optimisation as a separate commission, Raunds Web Design will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee a high placing in the search engine results.
8} Raunds Web Design can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a web site promotion commission, chooses not to list a clients web site.
9) Raunds Web Design will initially place the clients website on one of Raunds Web Design demonstration servers in order that the client may view and comment upon the websites progress.
10) When both Raunds Web Design and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Raunds Web Design will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Raunds Web Design will publish the website on the clients server, or provide the source code for the site via a download (or cd-rom disk) for the client to upload.
11) If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Raunds Web Design judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
12) If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Raunds Web Design will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
13) Raunds Web Design expects payment by bank transfer / Paypal (fee applies) or cash before the website goes live.
14) Any payment returned by the bank will incur a £20 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
15) Raunds Web Design does not undertake to maintain or update a clients website once the client has accepted the final design commission. If a client wishes Raunds Web Design to maintain or update a web site then a separate commission will be charged or quoted for, Raunds Web Design will negotiate with the client a maintenance/support contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes. Upon receipt of the Project Release or deemed acceptance, Raunds Web Design shall have no further obligations to undertake any work in relation to the Project. The Client may however request that the Developer undertake further work relating directly or indirectly to the Project. If it agrees to undertake such work, the Developer reserves the right to charge the Client for any additional work carried out at its standard rates from time to time.
16) Raunds Web Design builds websites it does not run a clients business unless agreed to under contract it is the clients responsibility to check all parts of the website before it goes live via testing every part of the website including emails and payment programmes including spelling etc. In the event a programme is found not to be working the client needs to inform Raunds Web Design via email pointing out the problem and we will endeavour to fix as soon as possible. All request to modify add/edit or delete images text or emails or special programmes must be put in writing via email. It is recommended that all clients understand all the functions of their website and check it through for any errors or problems before it goes live and or get a qualified person to help with running and updating the website when upgrades or problems occur, Raunds Web Design can carry out upgrades and updates and can carry out any modifications at an extra cost.
17) Other services that Raunds Web Design offers like hosting, SEO, Graphic design etc…are separate from the website design commission. Payment for any of these services are paid in advance before any services are started. With hosting immediate payment is required as the hosting will automatically be cancelled any time between one week to one month after receipt of the invoice.
18) Raunds Web Design reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Raunds Web Design prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
19) By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
Raunds Web Design reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
20) Training provided can be at the discretion of Raunds Web Design, Manuals or video’s can be provided. but due to updates to WordPress & Elementor as well as Astra has made training more complicated as the software improves. It is suggested clients take out a support package for minor updates and edits etc….
21) Before any work is started the client must agree to these terms & conditions and pay a deposit of £40. Once the deposit has been paid the client is agreeing to the terms & conditions.